Dc:format : jpg
Title : Richmond College, West Franklin St., Richmond, Va.
Description : Description: Richmond College was chartered in 1849, known as the Va. Baptist Seminary, the same being established at the present location of the college in 1834, under the presidency of Rev. Robert Ryland. The buildings stand in a beautiful park of 13 acres, situated in the western and most elevated part of the city. The main building shown in this view, contains lecture rooms, chapel, library and the Museum and Art Hall, etc. The college is composed of nine academic schools, and the professional school of law. The buildings and grounds are valued at $600,000. And the productive endowment is nearly $535,000. Manufacturer: Louis Kaufmann & Sons, Baltimore, MD. Date Postmarked: Not postmarked. Rights: This item is in the public domain. Acknowledgement of the Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries as a source is requested. Reference URL: dig.library.vcu.edu/u?/postcard,515 Collection: Rarely Seen Richmond: Early twentieth century Richmond as seen through vintage postcards
Creator : VCU Libraries Commons
License : No known copyright restrictions
Subject : vculibraries
Subject : vcudigitalcollections
Dc:relation : https://www.flickr.com/photos/vcucommons/16630146317/