Visit this resource

Dc:format : jpg

Title : Van Lew House, Richmond, Va

Description : Description: The Van Lew House is probably one of the best examples of Colonial architecture. The date of erection is not known, but additions were made in 1792. The original grant was made to Sir William Byrd; in 1834 it came into the possession of Mr. John Van Lew, and during the Civil War was occupied by his daughter, Lizzie, the famous Union spy, who here secreted hundreds of Union soldiers. The house is now owned and occupied by the Virginia Club. Manufacturer: Tuck & Sons' Date Postmarked: Not postmarked. Rights: This item is in the public domain. Acknowledgement of the Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries as a source is requested. Reference URL: dig.library.vcu.edu/u?/postcard,151 Collection: Rarely Seen Richmond: Early twentieth century Richmond as seen through vintage postcards

Creator :

License : No known copyright restrictions

Subject : vculibraries

Subject : vcudigitalcollections

Dc:relation : https://www.flickr.com/photos/vcucommons/16811133396/